Friday, April 13, 2012
Parents know their kids
I often hear parents speak of their child/children "waking up from autism" one day. Based on this thought, the parents would try to save as much information as possible from the child's past to show the child what she/he missed out on when she/he wakes up from autism. I acknowledge and respect the parents perspective. It is very tough to raise a child with autism so if this form of thinking aides parents in any way, please continue. There is not a doctor or therapist in this world who has found the cause or cure for autism. We are all in the same boat. Some professionals might act as if they know more than parents but the truth is clear, no one knows why, how, or what causes and cures autism. Parents inputs are often ignored by professionals. I do not comprehend this at all. Parents know their children better than any professional and have good ideas and thoughts when it comes to helping the child and battling autism. We must pool together, parents and professionals, to research autism like never before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment