Thursday, April 19, 2012
Development through play
Do you remember playing around in parks or your backyard as a kid? I loved it. I thought it was fun and I would finish my chores to earn play time. Child development occurs rapidly during play. Learning happens during play. Children can develop a better sense of self through play. While playing might be complicated with an autistic individual, it is not impossible. Children with autism love parks and play time. As a Behavior Therapist, I used to utilize play as a goal. It was not easy as, sometimes, behavior outbreaks would occur in public, but there should not be any reason for keeping a child from spending ample time learning through play time. Play with your kid/kids at the park or even in your backyard. Set aside some time during the day to play with them. Be creative, imagination is a good source for learning. Play time is essential for healthy child development.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment