Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Despite Complexities

Life can be complex when dealing with autism on a constant basis. I have said it before and will say it again, I have respect for parents with autistic child/children. The simple family life many families are used to does not stand a chance when compared with an autistic family life. Basic necessities take on a whole other meaning when dealing with autism. Items such as toiletries and medications might take a huge chunk out of a families budget when autism is a concern. Despite all these complexity, a family dealing with autism can still love each other and enjoy life. Humans can adapt to situations and these families can learn to live with autism. It is not simple but it is possible. We can learn about autism and how to live with it through professionals, books, and movies.  As research on autism continues, I will encourage these families to keep pressing on. There is light at the end of the tunnel, whether you see it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment